Wednesday 22 April 2015

Opposites!

Welcome back to another term! This half term we are learning all about opposites. We have had fun exploring different opposites and trying to match items together if they are opposites, e.g hot and cold, big and small.




We are going to explore some opposites in more detail later in the term, such as light and dark, hot and cold and old and new.

Today we have been learning about happy and sad. We've been thinking about what makes us happy and sad and looked in the mirror as we explored what happy and sad faces look like. We also talked about how we could cheer someone up if they are feeling sad.

This afternoon Reception did some terrific writing about what makes us happy. We said:

I feel happy when...
"my brother tells jokes." - Finlay
"I ride my bike." - Blue
"I play with my elephant." - Jack
"it's my horse's birthday." - Tommy
"my daddy says don't smile and tickles me." - Fallon
"my brother plays with me." - Harrison
"I play with lego." - Charlie
"my dogs licks me because it feels tickly." - Emily
"I play with my cat." - Olivia
"people play right." - Harry
"my little sister gives me kisses because she's sweet." - Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this Post