Sunday 27 September 2015

This week we will be learning...

This week we are going to be learning about...
  • staying safe in the classroom
  • 2D and 3D shapes
  • the Christian festival of Harvest and the Jewish festival of Sukkot

We will be learning...
  • how to use tools and equipment such as scissors safely
  • how to make sure we are keeping ourselves and others safe in school
  • the names of 2D and 3D shapes
  • to talk about 2D and 3D shapes using words like 'flat', 'solid', 'sides', 'faces'
  • what Harvest means and why it is important for Christians
  • about the Jewish festival of Sukkot, how it is celebrated and why it is important for Jews

You can help me at home by...

  • talking to me about objects at home and how I can use them safely
  • helping me spot shapes in the environment and playing games to support me, such as 'I Spy' with shapes
  • talking to me about Harvest and where food comes from

Reminders:
Please bring Library books back into school on Wednesday
On Thursday our sound of the week will be 'd'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this Post