Friday 2 October 2015

This week we will be learning...

This week we are going to be learning about...
  • being kind to each other and understanding how our actions can affect other people
  • rhyming words
  • similarities, differences and change
  • stories that involve food, including 'The Gingerbread Man' and 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears'

We will be learning...
  • how to show awareness of other people's feelings and be kind to each other
  • to recognise rhyming words and say some words that rhyme
  • to join in with rhymes, poems and rhyming stories
  • to talk about similarities and differences between objects, such as whether something is rough or smooth, hard or soft
  • to talk about changes, including how the natural world is changing during autumn
  • to retell stories
  • to use equipment and tools safely and be hygienic when cooking
  • to follow a recipe to make Gingerbread Men
  • to talk about the size of objects and order objects by size

You can help me at home by...

  • talking to me about being kind to others and praising me when I show care and consideration for other people's feelings (our value for October is Caring)
  • playing games to practise rhyming words with me
  • reading me rhyming books or singing nursery rhymes with me
  • giving me opportunities to explore objects from the natural world and within the home and talking about their similarities and differences
  • giving me opportunities to explore change, for example, how the texture of something changes when it is cooked or how ice melts
  • cooking with me at home and talking about ingredients, weights, staying safe and following instructions in recipes
  • helping me to retell the stories of The Gingerbread Man (Wednesday) and Goldilocks (Thursday)

Reminders:
Please bring Library books back into school on Wednesday
On Thursday our sound of the week will be 'e'
We would welcome contributions for our discovery table that support our understanding of autumn, for example, autumnal leaves, conkers etc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this Post